Dr. K.J. Lampe Scholarship
The Dr. K.J. Lampe Scholarship Committee is inviting applicants to its College Scholarship Program for a 4- or 5-year course, beginning 1stSemester, SY 2015-2016.The scholarship provides a cash grant for tuition fees of up to Php17,000 per year.
- Resident of Los Baños or Bay, preferably of any of the villages around the IRRI Experimental Station
- Financially needy (parents’ per capita income of P2,000 or below)
- Good moral character
- Incoming freshman or sophomore student
- Excellent academic performance (belonging to the top 10% of his/her high school graduating class; or a grade of no lower than 85 or equivalent in all subjects in previous school years)
Application Requirements (Applications with incomplete requirements will not be considered)
- Duly filled up and signed application form.
- For incoming freshmen: a) original & photocopy of high school transcript of record; b) certification from the high school principal that the applicant belongs to the upper 10% of his/her class, and c) acceptance letter from a college or university where he/she will enrol
- For incoming sophomore students a) photocopy of high school transcript of record, and b) certification from the registrar of the college he/she is enrolled in that the applicant does not have a grade in any subject lower than 85 or equivalent (or original & photocopy of all freshman classcards and registration forms)
- Certification from Barangay Captain that applicant and his/her parents are bona fide residents of the barangay, to include profile of the applicant (occupation and/or livelihood of his/her parents; number of siblings, their ages, & highest educational attainment)
- Applicant’s short essay on his/her visions for himself/herself, his/her family, and his/her community and reason for choosing the college degree he/she will take/is taking up.
- Financial condition 50%
- Academic Performance 30%
- Interview 20%