For more information Date & Venue
overall goal of this training program is to familiarize participants
with the basic functionalities and structure of the ORYZA ver.3 model,
the minimum data requirement, experimental data collection for ORYZA
model evaluation, the calibration of parameters, and the use ORYZA on
your own dataset.
- Demonstrate how processes of crop growth and development, water use,
uptake of water, and nutrients and carbon dynamics can be simulated.
- Make extensive use of “hands-on” sessions that apply the ORYZA model to field experiments.
- Describe procedures for collecting and managing crop, experimental, weather, and soil data for model evaluation.
- Give participants the opportunity to work with their own data and
determine the accuracy of the model for application to specific
- Analyze management alternatives for single seasons or over long-term crop rotations.
April 13-17, 2015
ITS Lecture Room
International Rice Research Institute
Los Baños, Laguna, Philippines