Requirements and Instructions
Please read these before proceeding to the online application.
- Applicant must be a junior researcher, scientist, or professionals from national research and extension systems (NARES) or agencies working on rice and rice-based farming systems with at least a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Applicant must be 21-45 years old and proficient in oral and written English (for some courses, age limit may be lower).
- Interested applicants must have a fully accomplished online application form with all the necessary attachments (endorsement form, medical clearance form and scanned passport) 60 days or more before the start of the training course.
- Applicant must have a certification of availability of funding from IRRI, donor funds, sponsoring agencies to cover the full cost of training. This should be reflected in the Endorsement Form that can be downloaded at the bottom of this page.
- Please note that training fees do not include air ticket and other expenses unless otherwise stated in the award letter.
- If there is an IRRI Office in the applicant’s country, he or she must coordinate with the IRRI Country Office for information and assistance in organizing visa, air tickets, etc. of selected candidates.
- All IRRI training slots are awarded on a competitive basis. For each training program, a Selection Committee implements the selection process.
Successful applicants shall be notified by the Training Center Course Coordinator by e-mail.
A. For International/External Applicants
B. For Internal Applicants
- External applicants (non IRRI employees) are required to undergo medical examination. Participants should be physically fit to attend the IRRI training, as supported by a satisfactory medical report signed by the examining physician. You may download the medical clearance form below.
- International applicants are required to fill-up the section for passport details and attach a copy of their scanned passport (preferably, in color).
- International applicants are also requested to answer the language proficiency section and attach results of standard tests like TOEFL and IELTS or a certification of English Proficiency from the English Department of the university or college where you obtained your highest degree.
- Once you have been accepted to the course, please send your flight information or a copy of your ticket to firstname.lastname@example.org so that airport pick-up and send-off arrangements may be made.
- Internal applicants (IRRI Headquarters Staff) are no longer required to submit a medical clearance, passport details, and results of English proficiency tests.
- Please proceed with the online application and attach a scanned copy of your supervisor’s endorsement form with the agreement and BUS codes where we will charge your training fees.
Proceed with the online application here.
- Download and accomplish the forms (see attachments below) that you will need for your application. Please attach them to the online application form.